Spirituality and practice are the two places where all the world's religions and spiritual paths come together. While respecting the differences among traditions, we celebrate what they share in common. We affirm interconnectedness and oneness as the true nature of reality. We acknowledge the active presence of Spirit in all aspects of everyday life.
We believe in the power and potential of the Internet to create, support, and sustain individual and group spiritual practice. We focus upon personal and cultural resources that are expressive of the quest for meaning and purpose, wholeness and healing, commitment and community, contemplation and social activism.
We envision a global circle of people vitally engaged with the wisdom and practices of the spiritual traditions, who are thereby equipped to live deeper and fuller lives and to serve their communities and the wider world.
Spirituality & Practice serves people of all the world's religions and spiritual paths and those with no tradition through the website SpiritualityandPractice.com. Our mission is:
- to sustain and expand a content-rich website that creates, compiles, and curates a multifaith and interspiritual wisdom archive;
- to demonstrate spiritual literacy, the ability to recognize the spiritual dimensions of life written in the texts of our experiences;
- to provide authenticated and thoroughly researched and sourced resources for spiritual journeys;
- to offer a positive and spiritually progressive perspective on contemporary media, particularly books and films;
- to encourage everyday spiritual practice as an integral part of individual and community life;
- to promote the use of spiritual practices to enhance the quality of life for individuals during times of challenge and transition;
- to facilitate new types of spiritual communities and conversations using the technology and worldwide reach of the Internet;
- to develop new lifelong learning opportunities around spiritual practices, character qualities, and civic virtues, including e-courses, online retreats, and practice circles;
- to partner with and support spiritual teachers and organizations to reach learners outside the current models of local congregations, weekend workshops, conferences, and university programs.
- to foster multifaith understanding in our increasingly pluralistic world.
Spirituality & Practice is a project of CIStems, Inc., a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. All donations are tax-deductible. Please support our mission. Be part of our global circle of people vitally engaged with the wisdom and practices of the spiritual traditions, living deeper and fuller lives, and serving our communities and the wider world.
Donations may also be mailed to this address:
(dba Spirituality & Practice)
15 W. 24th Street - 10th Floor
New York, New York 10010