On Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year — the day this e-course was first offered — there is a common Hebrew greeting: Shanah Tovah Umetukah: "May you have a sweet and good year." Having started this e-course, which looks at peacemaking from the inside out, on Rosh Hashanah is an auspicious way to support the fruition of this wish.
In this course, Rabbi Ted Falcon and Imam Jamal Rahman of the Interfaith Amigos invite participants to discover how it is that we have been unable to achieve peace in our world, in our country, in our relationships, and in ourselves. Don’t we all want peace? How have we failed?
As we look for ways to be spiritually responsible as global citizens, especially in light of the upcoming United States presidential election, we recognize with more urgency than ever the need to change our ways. People of good will want to find the teachable moments amidst the tragedies of the global refugee crisis, drone attacks, mass shootings, terrorist bombings, climate-change disasters, widespread poverty, racism, and human rights violations. And we want to know how to sift truth from fiction when politicians and the media fan the flames of hatred and division.
Based on the Interfaith Amigos' new book, Finding Peace Through Spiritual Practice, written with their colleague, Pastor Don Mackenzie, this e-course will explore why peace has been so elusive and how we might better achieve that peace in our lives and in our world.
These master teachers have been working together for more than 15 years, practicing and sharing the profound spiritual resources of their religious traditions. They bring to this e-course not only their years of teaching, but a shared reverence for the One Presence awakening within each and every being. Their lessons include spiritual practices, encouraging inner awakening to the teachings they share.
The e-course focuses on these themes:
- The Basic Problem: Why Is Peace So Elusive? What Is Peace, and How Can We Achieve It?
- How We Keep Peace Away: Dealing with Anger, Fear of Violence, and Despair
- What Is It We Need? Awakening to the Ground of Love: Compassion, and Opening the Heart
- Creating a Life of Peace: Making Your Life a Spiritual Practice
You will receive:
- Emails in which Rabbi Ted and Imam Jamal share teachings from their traditions along with specific spiritual practices designed to support the inner dimensions of those teachings.
- Access to a one-hour teleconference recording with Ted and Jamal for conversation and Q&A.
This is a rare opportunity to unite in peacemaking from the inside out, at a time when peace is urgently needed. We look forward to having you with us.
(choose your own start date and frequency)