- Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work is a documentary revolving around a year in the life of this comedian who has been at it for 44 years. Writing jokes and telling them is not a piece of cake. Rivers shows us her card catalogue collection of 30 years of jokes. While some may see her as a workaholic who is addicted to fame, we are convinced that she really does love her work of making people laugh.
- Looking For Comedy in the Muslim World is a funny film written and directed by Albert Brooks which lampoons an American comedian who tries to find the key to making Muslims laugh. The filmmaker proves that comedy has certain universal qualities which appeal to people all over the world.
- Patch Adams is the inspiring true story of a Virginia medical student who breaks all the rules by daring to proclaim that the best medicine for patients is laughter, listening, compassion, and play. He continues his mission at Virginia Medical University where he seeks, in his words, "to treat the patient as well as the disease." The performance by Robin Williams is a tour de force.
- Saint Misbehavin': The Wavy Gravy Movie is a touching and enlightening documentary about the incredible life and work of a holy fool named Hugh Romney, later known as Wavy Gravy. Calling himself "an intuitive clown," this humanitarian has raised large amounts of money for worthy causes. As an instigator of laughter and mirth, Wavy Gravy stands in a long spiritual tradition of persons who believe in positive change and are willing to call out the best in themselves and others.
Our Short List of Very Funny Movies
- Best in Show
- A Fish Called Wanda
- Meet the Parents
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
- Trading Places
- There's Something About Mary
More Films on Laughter