- "Laughter is a holy thing. It is as sacred as music and silence and solemnity, maybe more sacred. Laughter is like a prayer, like a bridge over which creatures tiptoe to meet each other. Laughter is like mercy; it heals. When you can laugh at yourself, you are free."
— Ted Loder
- "Humor makes every message stick, whether it's that silly ad that you never forget or the joke that hammers home some important spiritual truth."
— Margaret Silf
- "Without a sense of humor you would be missing out on a whole lot of life! You would be missing the way, for example, cats will jump on one another and play, the kind of playful humor that goes on between children and adults, and even some parts of the Bible. If you don't laugh at all that, you're missing something. Part of a healthy emotional life is being in touch with all reality — not just the difficult parts."
— William A. Barry
- "Look at God looking at you . . . and smiling."
— Anthony De Mello
- "A good laugh is a sign of love. It may be said to give us a glimpse of, or a first lesson in, the love that God bears for every one of us."
— Karl Rahner
- "So be joyful. Use your sense of humor. And laugh with the God who smiles when seeing you, rejoices over your very existence, and takes delight in you, all the days of your life."
— James Martin
- "The first and last word belong to God and therefore not to death but life, not to sorrow but to joy, not to weeping but laughter. For surely it is God who has the last laugh."
— Conrad Hers
More Quotes on Laughing