- Howard Zinn challenges us to be hopeful in bad times and not to succumb to cynicism.
- Louise L. Hay writes about the positive uplift and hope-filled dimensions of affirmations.
- Anne Lamott finds hope while participating in a peace march.
- Catholic Andrew Greeley finds hopefulness in the face of both tomorrow and death.
- Holly W. Whitcomb writes about waiting, an element of the spiritual practice of hope.
- Jurgen Moltmann sees hope as a new way of acting in the world — looking beyond the horizon.
More Book Excerpts about Hope