1. How has your spiritual path helped you transcend the conditioning of your upbringing?
2. Share experiences of something you do that helps you shift energetically such as a walk on the beach or time in prayer or meditation.
3. Have you ever overcome something that you previously thought was impossible? Describe how the process unfolded.
4. How have spiritual practices helped you deal better with the unexpected things in life?
5. What do you carry around that weighs you down like a bag with a heavy brick in it? Is it time to put the brick down?
6. Have you ever considered sexual union and climax as a transformational experience?
7. What was your reaction to Chief Seattle’s suggestion that “death is only a change in worlds?”
8. When in your life have you seen or felt your ancestors walking with you?
1. Pay attention to transformation this week, your own and others.
2. Observe how transformation occurs in nature.
3. Journal about ways your spiritual life has transformed you already.
4. Consider what resistance you have towards transformation. Where are you holding on? Try writing a letter to God or the Divine asking for help with letting go.
Visit the Transformation homepage for more ways to practice this spiritual quality. Follow the links in the left column to:
- a collection of quotations on compassion
- book recommendations
- book excerpts and teaching stories
- film recommendations
- music and art meditations
- a daily cue, reminder, vow, and blessing for compassion
- a prayer or mantra
- personal explorations including imagery and journal exercises
- practices and spiritual exercises
- questions for discussion, storytelling, sharing
- take action with household, group, and community projects
- and more
Prepared by Persephone Zill with contributions from Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat